Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default What type of wire and How to hang a heavy mirror?

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

Your mirror, your house you do what you like.

All the mirrors and big pictures sold today include a warning label
saying, " Do not hang using wire." As a licensed, insured contractor I
have to do thing the absolute best, safest possible way.

When I advise others free of charge even though I may have no legal
obligation to do so I advise them of the safest way to do the job. What
they choose to do with that information is completely their choice.

I'm not denying your way is better. As far as I know, the wire on our
mirror is FROM the manufacturer, though. It's reasonably old (at least 25
years, probably more). Hasn't fallen in all that time, anyway...

If I were sleeping over the thing, I'd probably screw it through the frame
into the studs grin

-Tim

-Tim