Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Air compressor adivce: Too cheap?

Greg Guarino wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:33:30 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:02:33 GMT, Greg Guarino
wrote:

I've got molding to put up. Just in my kitchen, I hope. Baseboard
chair rail and around the ceiling. I like tools but I don't find
myself really pining for a nailer, so I'd like to get off cheap.
Really cheap.

I found a place to get a refurbished Porter Cable finish nailer. That
leaves the compressor. I've been looking at this tiny 1 gallon
Campbel-Hausfeld model, 100psi max.

http://www.campbellhausfeld.net/weba...roductId=67145

I saw a review in a magazine that suggested it could be used for
nailing. I think that I understand the consequence of the tiny
tank;I'll only be able to shoot a few nails in quick succession. I
don't imagine that will be too much of a hardship for my use.

But what about the 100 psi? The nailer specs say it works from 70-120
psi. Will I have enough oomph?

As I wrote above, I'd like to be cheap about this, IF it doesn't
result in too much frustration. Can I?

I wouldn't worry about having 100 psi. that is typically what you run
a nailgun at. it will cycle more often than a compressor that goes up
to 140, but it should be fine for a little finish nailer.