Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint Clint is offline

Default OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que?

At least here in Canada we have an OFFICIAL second language. Actually,
the town I live in here in redneck Alberta has our stop (and many street)
signs in French and English, and all our schools are bi-lingual. There's
old farts around here who don't speak any English (only French) and in the
video store the other day (renting for my wife, not me. Promise!), there
was a young couple just having a normal conversation in French. Still takes
me by surprise after being here for 2 years.

Clint

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I have a 4-year old son who goes to day care 3-days a week. He likes to
watch Dora the Explorer which for those of you that don't know, teaches
kids a few Spanish words. I use to object to him watching it, but now I
don't have the energy to keep changing it when he watches it. Now he
comes home from pre-school and they are teaching him the days of the week
in English and in Spanish. What the f---???

Why do 'they' feel it is important to teach my 4-year old son Spanish
words when he can barely speak English?? Is Spanish going to be on the
SAT or LSAT or MCAT ???

This is getting really ridiculous.