Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Battery or charger bad?

Stubby wrote:
I bought a 9.6v Ryobi from Home Depot but hardly use it. The battery
does not seem to charge because it lasts only a minute or so now. The
yellow light on the charger has never come on, just the red
"charging" light. How can I tell if the battery is bad or the
charger? TIA.

Chances are it is the battery. They don't like to set around unused for
a long time.

I suggest buying a new battery and trying it out. You likely need one
and if it turns out that it was the charger, you can get one of those and
you will have a spare battery. That is better than a spare charger.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit