PoP

Default Joining co-axial cable outdoors

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:56:06 +0100, norm wrote:

Did you actually pass your HNC because you seem to be talking cobblers

I certainly did. However, admittedly I went the digital electronics
route rather than the analogue

The aim of the exercise is not to introduce discontinuities of
impedance along the cable. You can get pretty close to this using the
method someone suggested earlier with exposing the inner, soldering
it, covering the joint with a slit piece of the insulator (same
dielectric constant you see), then covering the now insulated middle
bit with the two bits of braid that should be dangling etc etc.

It's a load of arsing about. Get two connectors and a back to back
socket and wrap in in self amalgamating tape.

Which is exactly what I have been suggesting all along. The
suggestions relating to soldering etc weren't mine - are you sure you
aren't confusing me with someone else?

Finally, if your TV signal is weak enough that using connectors and a
piece of tape makes a difference then your picture is probable
borderline to ****e anyway.

As I commented earlier, the acid test is to make the modification and
feed the signal into the back of the TV (or radio). If it works then
great, if it doesn't then maybe the signal was not helped with the
modifications to the aerial feed.

PoP