Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Tumble Dryer Tripping RCD

"Tut" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I have an Electra 37459V tumble dryer that has just started tripping
the house elctric out on the main RCD. If the low temperature setting
is selected it works fine, so I disconnected one of the elements and
set the temp. switch back to high and again it worked fine. From this I
thought the element must be faulty so I bought a new one, fortunately
it only cost £15 because it made no difference, the fault still
remains. Obviously it isn't the motor or the timer because the temp
setting wouldn't make any difference. Is there anything else that could
cause the RCD to trip. Any help would be great.

thanks

Tut

When this started happening on mine, it turned out to be the the RCD that
was faulty.
I guess it was the sudden load that stressed it out.

Does your RCD trip any other times?

Sparks...