Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) is offline

Default Keeping toilet unblocked

Clive wrote:
Is it worthwhile every few months putting some Caustic soda crystals
down the toilet to prevent blocking?

Every year my toilet gets blocked. About half an hour with flexible
rods and "pumping" with a toilet brush seems to push it all through.

When our toilet in the shop used to get blocked with a "big hard one"
I just crumbled up a washing powder tablet (Fairy FWIW) and left it a
few hours. The extra slippery water and I guess softening action on the
offending object always seemed to shi(f)t it on the next flush.

I occasionally crumble up a dishwasher tablet in the bowl at home just
to keep things slipping along.

:¬)

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.