Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Wiring split load CU

"Staffbull" wrote in message
ups.com...
On wiring the split load CU, will it be OK to put both the cooker and
hob onto the RCD'd busbar? or should they go onto the non RCD side?
I was thinking of putting both ring mains on the RCD and the
cooker/hob, and putting both lighting ccts on the non RCD side so I'm
not plunged into darkness if there is a fault elsewhere !!

CU is 100A, 80A rcd

cheers

I would normally put the cooker on the non-rcd side. However, if the cooker
switch is of the sort that also has a 13amp socket on it and it is likely
that the socket may be used to power outdoor powertools then it must go on
the RCD side of the CU.

Adam