Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Off Topic .. Sorry .. Can't Resist

Goedjn wrote in
:

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:10:45 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten
officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total
rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong
with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an
investigation.

The murderer was partially hidden under a fallen tree trunk,where he had
dug in and covered himself with brush.

As I underestand it, getting better than 50% hits is fairly unusual.

I'm more confused about how you get 110 rounds out of 9 weapons...
Somebody had time to re-load?

9 guns/110 rounds is only 12.222 rounds per gun.
Most police semi-auto pistols have ~15 round mags.(double-stack)
(it used to be that only us civilians were restricted to only 10 round mags
under Clinton's 1994 Assault Rifle Ban;police were excepted from that.)

Consider that the police were also armed with AR-15s with 20 or 30 round
magazines.(also police HK-MP5 machine pistols have 30 rnd mags)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik