Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clyde Crashcup Clyde Crashcup is offline

Default Dryer Drum

Bill Jeffrey wrote:
squab18 wrote:
Help me please someone. I have an GE dryer and we put the belt on that
had broke but we cannot get the drum back on. I cannot afford to get a
repair person to put it back on for me. Could someone please try and
explain it to me. I have been with out the dryer for about 5 months
and I am going insane trying to put drum back on. hank you all
inadvance.

Belinda N

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to remount the drum while
the belt is already around the motor pulley, and therefore under
tension. If so, remove the belt from the motor pulley, mount the drum
in the felt surround, and then put the belt around the motor pulley.

Bill

It's an easy thing to get messed up. You have to make sure it sits
properly on the little wheels and line up with the felt or plastic slide
on the front panel. Put the belt on the drum, replace the drum, thread
the belt around the motor pulley and idler so the idler puts tension on
the belt. Put a good light source in there so you can SEE what he hell
you are doing. Careful not to pinch your fingers. I hope you have it
unplugged. Turn it back and forth to make sure the wheels are tracking
properly. Put on the front cover while your hand is inside the drum
holding it up a little. You can also mess up the collar that goes around
the drum opening, careful! You shouldn't get any pounding or scraping
noises when it runs otherewise you have to take it apart again and redo
your work. At least no more thumping than you had before. Your messing
with the dryer could invalidate your fire insurance.

--

50% of all statistics are wrong. The rest don't matter.

Claude Hopper