Posted to rec.woodworking
sailor sailor is offline

Default How do "you" mount aux. fence to Biesemeyer, or clone? Will this work?

Leon wrote:

Build a double sided fence that will totally surround the rip fence and just
set it down over the top of the fence.

I've done that, but it wouldn't allow me to easily use a hold down
featherboard on the fence, or allow me to slide the fence forward or
back.
I just came in from the shop, where I ripped a piece of wood to fit
snug between the fence faces on top of the fence. Ran a 3/4" w x 1/2" d
dado down the middle. Pressed the track into it, and held it down, and
tried a quick aux fence on it. It worked great. It only sits about 1/4"
above the faces. Really fast to set up. No getting clamps out etc.

Soooo, I'll wait a bit to see if anyone with more wisdom than me, can
tell me why not to do it, or a better solution.
I think they should build the fence this way from the git go.
Thanks