Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom H Tom H is offline

Default How do "you" mount aux. fence to Biesemeyer, or clone? Will this work?

I posted a picture of my simple but effective aux fence on abpw. I only
takes two treaded inserts inserted into the fence to hold it on.

Make sure you drill the hoe large enough for the inserts or the insert will
swell the wood and leave a bulge around the insert. I cut the hole a little
large and used epoxy.

The fence is made of 3/4" cabinet ply with formica surface. I helps if you
use a piece of ply with a small bow in it. Mount it with the bow towards
the fence and it straightens as you tighten the flat head screws.

Notice the small backing board behind the 'T' track for support.

"sailor" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for different ways to mount aux. fences,jigs,
fetherboards, etc, to a Biesemeyer style fence.
Has anyone done this, and what might be the downside of doing this? I
thought of mounting a "T" track (Rockler sale, 4' + 8 knobs and bolts,
$12.99) in a dado, cut in a 3/4 piece of quality plywood, and mounting
it on top of the fence. This would let me attach accessories easily,
and still allow sliding, jigs, push blocks, etc, along the fence.
(stradeling the fence)
Please post how you have solved this problem.
Thanks