Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Wiring split load CU

Matt wrote:
On 2 Oct 2006 08:54:12 -0700, "Staffbull" wrote:

On wiring the split load CU, will it be OK to put both the cooker and
hob onto the RCD'd busbar? or should they go onto the non RCD side?
I was thinking of putting both ring mains on the RCD and the
cooker/hob, and putting both lighting ccts on the non RCD side so I'm
not plunged into darkness if there is a fault elsewhere !!

CU is 100A, 80A rcd

Perform some risk benefit analysis.

When you get electrocuted by a faulty hob/oven do you want the lights
to remain on? Or, when the RCD trips because of an earth leakage on
the hob/oven would you prefer salad for dinner?

Maybe you don't like salad

??????