Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED kitchen lighting

whisky-dave wrote:
I have been thinking of replacing my fluorescent light (4ft) my first
thought was
halagen lighting about 4 bulbs should do, but I rather like the idea of the
LED
units you can now get. But on observing them lit up in stiores they don't
seem anywhere near as bright as halgen or the old Fl. tube and even not as
bright as standard bulb.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

I looked at em but they don;t have the total power without using a lot -
then its expensive.

If totally sexy appearance is not an issue, in a kitchen I'd go for
ceiling mount luminaires with CFL bulbs.