r.galvin

Default Electrical book recommendations

Yes is thanks, it did confirm what I intended to do but the discussion on
cable size was very interesting. Currently we intend to get a dual fuel
model
and although I don't know the rating of the oven yet I was still quite
surprised
that it suggested 4mm^2 was OK for runs under 12m.

My own personal feeling is that this may be OK for a fan assisted oven now
but in future years we may go for slot in all electrical model so I intended
install at least 6mm^2 if not 10mm^2 to cover future eventualities.

I must admit I am concerned that the meter tails are still the old 60Amp
cables and having read the user guide for the electric shower it says it is
high power model requiring a 45Amp fuse/MCB although who ever
installed it used a 30Amp fuse. I've contacted our electricity supplier
and asked if they will upgrade the tails, however, I haven't received
any reply yet.

Ross

"BigWallop" wrote in message
Is this any good to you :