Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Insulate Attached Garage AFTER Sheetrock

Or just lag a 2x8 to the studs to cover the holes- makes a great place to
put hooks for garden tools, bicycles, etc. Putting those through rock always
messes up the rock where the tool bounces against it anyway.

Insulation is nice- as long as you drive the car every day, the heat from
the block, plus the leakage from the house, will keep the garage above
freezing on all but the coldest nights. (At least at my latitude.) And if
you want to do a project in winter, a space heater in an empty but insulated
garage will make the space tolerable without a heavy coat.

I bus to work, but my wife is out and about hauling the kids around
places so, yes, the block would be warmed periodically throughout the
day. I'll see if I can blow something into the attic, too, maybe on
top of some rolls....