Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Craftsman router

I don't believe that. Did he happen to say where the Sears factory is?

"KENDALL SEYBERT" wrote in message
A friend who worked (very briefly) for Sears Hardware told me that the
training tapes for new employees mention that Sears holds its cost on

power
tools down by using all recycled metals, plastics, etc. That would appear
to explain some of the low-quality issues.

--Jim

"keith_nuttle" wrote in message
. net...
My 38 year old Craftsman router (sometimes referred to as Crapsman on
this newsgroup) fail yesterday. When I used it last week and it worked
fine. Yesterday when I turned it on it did not work. I thought of
looking for some one to fix it, but then I say my volt/ohm meter on the
shelf. What would it hurt. One thing lead to another, and by the time
it was in pieces I found the switch was the culprit. A trip to Lowes, a
$5 switch, and now the router will last another 38 years. At least it
will be working when my grandson inherits it.