Posted to rec.woodworking
JimR JimR is offline

Default Cutting curves:

Sal -- especially if some of the pieces are the same shape, suggest you cut
a slightly oversize shape on 1/4" - 1/2" plywood, using a band saw or jig
saw. Sand or file the pllywood form until it's the exact shape you want.
Then fasten the form to a block of wood of the right thickness and use a
straight bit with a ballbearing guide riding on the form to cut the shape
very accurately. The method you presented below is very difficult to
complete without leaving flat spots or irregular curves on the work. --
Regards

"sal" wrote in message
Hello all.

I have an project that requires me to cut slight curves on pieces of
wood about 10" Lx 3/4"Wx 1"D this seems very dangerous to do with jig or
band saws. I was thinking of buying an Disc sander with the large vertical
oriented disc and the table rest. This would allow me to grind off excess
material and I might have more control.
What do you guys think about said plan?

Sal