Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Craftsman router

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:07:27 GMT, keith_nuttle
wrote:

My 38 year old Craftsman router (sometimes referred to as Crapsman on
this newsgroup) fail yesterday. When I used it last week and it worked
fine. Yesterday when I turned it on it did not work. I thought of
looking for some one to fix it, but then I say my volt/ohm meter on the
shelf. What would it hurt. One thing lead to another, and by the time
it was in pieces I found the switch was the culprit. A trip to Lowes, a
$5 switch, and now the router will last another 38 years. At least it
will be working when my grandson inherits it.

I'm sorry. You'd have been better off going to the tool department
and buying a Makita, Bosch or Porter-Cable router to replace it.

I have a Craftsman router too. It makes a nice paperweight. Self
adjusting collet and all. And the infamous fly apart fan. It's a
hunk of junk. It'll probably last 100 years at it's present rate of
use.

I just have no respect whatsoever for Craftsman hand held electric
tools. I owned quite a few and to a one, they all performed poorly
and they've all died. 'Cept that router. It's not dead, but it
performs poorly.