Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] inxsingh@gmail.com is offline

Default What type of wire and How to hang a heavy mirror?

Thanks!

Yes the frame is wooden.
What kind/strength of wire would you suggest?

manu

aspasia wrote:
On 1 Oct 2006 12:57:46 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

My question is 2 fold (hence the weird framing of it!)

I have a 32 in X 48 in framed mirror that I am trying to install on a
wall which has studs that are about 18 inch apart.I am using 2 1/2 inch
screws to hold the thing on the wall.

1. The eyeholes on the back of the mirror frame are 30 inches apart and
finding matching stud locations is not possible. I tried this and have
ended up spoiling the wall with screw holes that didnt work for me
(till i got the stud finder!!). I was advised on getting a hanging wire
to attach to the back. Does anyone know what kind of wire I should be
getting?

2. Once I get this wire how do I attach it to the back of the mirror? I
was told it goes into the eyeholes but its hard for me to comprehend
how it would. Do I have to screw the wire into the back of the frame?

Thanks in advance for your help!
manu

If the frame is wood, yes, you have to screw the wire into back of
frame. If not wood, maybe others can suggest.

Aspasia