Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Riddle me this hangers of doors

Why does it matter? Very few floors are level. Very few walls
and jambs are plumb. This is true whether they are framed or
concrete. Most door cuts (to adjust for heavier carpet, etc. are
made parallel to the door in its closed position with no thought
as to level. I hope your floor is straight enough for your
weatherstrip to seal all the way across.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
This doesn't compute.

I'm trying to put a door sweep on my door that goes to the
garage and the crack between it and the floor is not uniform.
It appears when the the door is closed that the gap is about
1/2" by the hinges and about 1/4" by the door knob. So I toss a
level on the floor and see that it is indeed level. So I put a
level on the top of the door, and it is level. If the door, the
floor are both level then why is the crack wider on one end?