Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kev Kev is offline

Default JVC Replacement Parts or Cross REF.

My set is model number AV-56WP84. I am not sure what the difference is
when the HA is added.

Kev wrote:
Hello Dani
I purchased this TV from a private party as non-working. I was told
that Q522 (2SC50804-RL) was shorded. When I took the set apart Q522
was missing. Currently when the set is turned on without this IC the
front LED turns on as normal, the speakers make some noise for a moment
and the screen is blank and all the CRT lamps are dark. So I believe I
need to replace this IC before I spend additional time troubleshooting.
I check most of the diodes (in circuit) with a meter and found D932
shorted which is JVC part number 31DF6N-FC5. So my plan for now is to
order Q522, D932 (Do you have a cross for D932?), IC804, IC805 and all
the parts you just recommended except T501. When these new parts are
installed I will start troubleshooting again. I am hoping nothing is
wrong with the lamps or Picture Tubes. I will also carefully check the
solder joints and PCB around T501.

Kevin

wrote:
How did the set fail? Convergence IC failure usually doesn't kill the
horizontal output. Q522
is the output transistor, you MAY have a high voltage capacitor, or
even the flyback MAY be bad, or just cold solder joints @ T 501
horizontal drive transformer. Also, check C 503 2.2 uf @ 50 volt cap in
the drive stage. Does Q522 measure shorted out of circuit? Change IC
805, & IC804 in pairs, & don't use generic IC's. Check CP934 circuit
protector ( ICP-N70-T), on the + 13.5 volt line. It's an IC PROTECTOR.
2.5A.

There are two versions of this T.V. AV-56WP84, or AV-56WP84HA ( HA
would be at the end of the serial number).
Look he
http://www.globalsemi.com/ Mississauga, Ontario Canada.
2SC5904-RL is $31.97 each. Datasheet he

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...C/2SC5904.html