Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Jeffrey Bill Jeffrey is offline

Default Dryer Drum

squab18 wrote:
Help me please someone. I have an GE dryer and we put the belt on that
had broke but we cannot get the drum back on. I cannot afford to get a
repair person to put it back on for me. Could someone please try and
explain it to me. I have been with out the dryer for about 5 months
and I am going insane trying to put drum back on. hank you all
inadvance.

Belinda N

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to remount the drum while
the belt is already around the motor pulley, and therefore under
tension. If so, remove the belt from the motor pulley, mount the drum
in the felt surround, and then put the belt around the motor pulley.

Bill