Slugsie

Default Moving a toilet...

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

First of all, the tiling is going to raise the height of the pan by
(say) half an inch, possibly a bit less depending on what you are
doing. If you are tiling onto a boarded floor, and suspect any
movement, it's common to put down a sheet of ply and to tile onto
that, which of course will add to the height as well.

I'm working on the height of the pan being raised by about an inch.

Secondly, the pan is going closer to the stack, so if you think about
the angles, the pipe outside will be lower at the new position than
the existing.

Higher surely?

I can think of several ways to realign everything.

b) Use an adjustable bend. e.g. Screwfix 50087
This would probably be the bend taking the short run of pipe outside
through the wall and would be a neater looking solution assuming it
works mechanically.

I think this option sounds the easiest.

The pipe can be cut easily with a hand saw.

The soil pipe is right in a corner, so access for sawing won't be good, but
still possible.

This isn't the highest on my list of pleasant jobs, but is not as
disgusting and pongy as you might imagine. If you thoroughly clean
the pan before you start and put down some scented disinfectant or
bleach before you start it will help. A plastic bag taped over the
pan spigot isn't a bad idea either since there will still be water in
the pan, although you could bale that out.

Given what you have, this is not a difficult DIY job and you will have
learned about making big holes through walls neatly and working with
PVC soil pipe. Any likely problem is easily and cheaply fixable, so
this is not a high risk project.

Thanks for all the info, I feel fairly confident to tackle this job now.

--
/Slugsie
-=+Team ToolFox+=-