Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Removing oil patch on concrete

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
Fred wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
Is there any way this can be done. For a new oil spot I've used
washing powder and this has sort of worked. However for "old"
patches accumulated over a couple of years what's the best way of
getting rid of them? Is it possible?

I know I could have googled but wary of snake oil products or a
product's effectiveness.

Many thanks for all the replies. It's seems that Gunk has the upper
hand. I'm not sure about petrol since it isn't miscible with water
and while it might "rejuvenate" oil patches it would probably be best
to use in association with Gunk.

Many thanks again.

miscible?

As in able to dissolve rather remaining separate as in oil and water.

Suit yourself, I had ground in oil stains (possibly been there for some
years?)out side my house on the flagstones which where proving a bugger to
remove a garage recommended petrol scrubbed in daily for a month or so
till
the oil became revived and then scrubbed with washing up liquid weekly,
presently the oil stains are now a very light grey appearence almost the
same colour as the paving slabs.

ps I have tried gunk to no avail. :-)

OK - many thanks.