Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Bad ballast?

The problem is more likely a junk fixture. Some big box stores sell these
things with integral ballasts, that are really worthless. If it's a two
light four foot fixture you want, get a 2/32 watt with a standard
electronic, replaceable ballast. It should cost around $40 and you'll be
happy

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
I think that's the right term. I bought a brand new shop light, put in
new bulbs and they only stayed lit for a few minutes. I took the bulbs
out, put them back in, and they came back on and stayed on for... a few
minutes. The problem is with the shop light fixture, right?

I hate returning stuff. ugh.