Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Roof exhaust fan with too much exhaust

It doesn't work that way. It is probably a 230 volt motor and has two
speeds, which are internally changed. Have him or an electrician come and
reconnect it for the lower speed

"John" wrote in message
My roof exhaust is too powerful. When the electrician set it up he asked
whether
I want it to full power or half. It was set to full power.

The exhaust fan takes two 230V lines. What if one 230V line is
disconnected will
it be half power or will I damage to fan? I am sure to get a fully
qualified
answer one would have to inspect the connections and such but generally
speaking
would disconnection the other 230V line be the usual solution? I am
thinking of
just shutting the breakers to the other line.