Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Cutting curves:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "sal" wrote:
Hello all.

I have an project that requires me to cut slight curves on pieces of wood
about 10" Lx 3/4"Wx 1"D this seems very dangerous to do with jig or band
saws. I was thinking of buying an Disc sander with the large vertical
oriented disc and the table rest. This would allow me to grind off excess
material and I might have more control.
What do you guys think about said plan?

I think a better idea is to cut the slight curve on a piece that's, say, six
inches wide by the required thickness and length -- then use a table saw to
remove the required narrow piece.

Yep, and if there are multiple pieces needed, you can simply repeat the
process and have near matching grain w/ well-selected piece to start
with. Also, for a short piece that is shorter than the table saw fence
you can save switching between operations for a slight efficiency
improvement by making the cut on both edges, then slice two off,
repeat...