Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default Removing oil patch on concrete

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 12:41:58 +0100, "Slurp" wrote:

|"Fred" wrote in message
| Is there any way this can be done. For a new oil spot I've used
washing
| powder and this has sort of worked. However for "old" patches
accumulated
| over a couple of years what's the best way of getting rid of them? Is
it
| possible?
|
| I know I could have googled but wary of snake oil products or a
product's
| effectiveness.
|

|I used to use 'Gunk' engine cleaner which was very effective at
emulsifying
|the oil, then hose down.

Damn you beat me to 'Gunk', but I would leave it on for as long as
possible
before hosing it down. Repeat if necessary.

I've just looked at my own 1 litre can: It's advertised as "The World's Best
Selling Engine Cleaning Degreasant".
With that claim, it must be up to the job.

Sylvain.