Posted to misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn,misc.consumers.house

Default Dealing with HOA Fine Over Two Month Old Issue Long Resolved!

John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Now TWO F_ING MONTHS LATER,the HOA is mailing me to fine me over not
mowing the lawn and says I can request a hearing within 10 working days
or I'll waive my right to be heard. IMO, it is outrageous because they
are considering fining me over an issue two months ago that has been
since resolved.

2 months is about right. It takes a month or so for the item
to get on the agenda at the next meeting, and then maybe a 2nd
board meeting 30 days later to finalize the action.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com

If you live in an area with a HOA that has requirements the lawn to be
kept cut, then why didn't you make arrangements for it to be cut while
you were away for "a couple of weeks?" If I lived across the street,
I wouldn't want to be looking at your uncut lawn and perhaps there were
complaints. Now you're all torqued up and seem ready to start a war,
instead of simply going to the violation hearing, calmly explaining
what happened and hoping for the best. If the problem has been
corrected and you haven;t had similar issues before, they likely will
drop the fine.

I also agree with John above. Usually there has to be a meeting of a
violations committee or similar to issue the notice. It hasn't even
been two months from early Aug till now. Sounds about normal to me.