Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jonhyr19 jonhyr19 is offline

Default 11ak30 chassis

b wrote:
b ha escrito:

Hi there,

vestel 11ak30 tv.
here's the story so far...set had a shorted HOT (would not come out of
standby, if keys pressed set just chirped and red led stayed on). Set
powered up fine without HOT in place. Connecting bulb across c-e showed
b+ OK. No obvious solder problems, just resoldered one or two slightly
suspect joints.

Now for the annoying bit: Replaced BU808DFI HOT and c618 (according to
schematic,7n2). New transistor blows out immediately. Now suspecting
LOPTX shorted internally, before I replace it though, has anyone seen
this problem before on this chassis?

best regards,
Ben

For the record:
replaced HOT BU808DFI, and LOPTX (HR 7950), also 10uF 63v horiz drive
cap and 8n2 cap across HOT. Set now works.

-B.

hi I am newby in tv repair, sory for stupid questions, what did you
meen when you say HOT?
and when you say : cap and 8n2 cap across HOT.

Thanks....

jonhyr19