Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default FA: 1lb PLUS OF VARIOUS NEW TRANSISTORS SOME JANSO MANY:-)

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:04:49 -0400, John Popelish
wrote:

[snip]
On the other hand, I have gotten
ferrite cores shipped in a very oversize box, with the cores laying on
the bottom and the large extra space filled with loose wadded
newspaper. Would have worked great, if someone had hammered on the
top of the box. But normal handling (the box was undamaged) had
tossed the cores against each other, like china dishes, and all I got
was a box of coarse black sand. Banding them together and shipping
them in an envelope, with no padding, would have been much better.

[snip]

Sheeeesh! Last time I ordered ferrite cores, they were shipped in a
pressed foam container... each core had its own little depressed area,
so they were immobile... at least enough that they couldn't bang into
each other.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |