Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] clives@batchtarget.com is offline

Default kitchen lighting: track system with pendant lighting

wrote:
Hi all

snipped
thinking of installing a system where the lights are mounted on a track
or steel cables. Most of these systems involve spot-lights, which comes
back to the problem of non-uniform illumination. However, I have come a
track system that has pendant lighting which is probably less
directional than spots:

http://www.e-lights.co.uk/track/html...linux/roba.htm

Has anyone reading this used this product and has any comments? Any
alternative ideas?

Not used that exact system, but we have the ASS 1 circuit system in our
kitchen, with effectively 8 lamps, and it is flexible enough to provide
illumination exactly where needed. One caveat though, the fittings can
get pretty mucky in a kitchen environment, so be prepared to take them
down and wipe them at least four times a year.

Cheers
Clive