Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Briggs Steven Briggs is offline

Default Alarm battery

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Steven Briggs wrote:
Beware, the batteries that come with those zillion candelpower torches
in the DIY sheds are utter rubbish.

Was thinking the same - I'd won't something better quality backing up
the alarm than the ****e in those torches. Anyway, as mentioned, the
torches are mostly 6V.

If you look further down the tread, it may have been the charger that
knackered the battery.

I did see that. Crap unregulated chargers don't help matters certainly.
But I was given one of these torches, its only _ever_ been charged on a
regulated 3-stage SLA charger (not the POS charger it came with), hasn't
been used much anyway, and still only gives about 8-9 minutes before the
first cell in the battery dies.
4Ah battery into 25W bulb (i.e. ~4A load) should give about 30 minutes.
(For those smart-arses about to say 4A from 4AH should last 60 minutes -
go look at some battery discharge curves).

--
steve