Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] noos999@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default kitchen lighting: track system with pendant lighting

Hi all

I am going to renovate our kitchen and have been looking into lighting.
It seems that recessed spotlights are popular nowadays, but have come
under criticism for being too directional to give uniform illumination
to the room. Also I'm a bit loathe to tear up the floor above the
kitchen in order to install the wiring for the spots. I'm looking for a
way to give reasonably uniform illumination to the kitchen. I'm
thinking of installing a system where the lights are mounted on a track
or steel cables. Most of these systems involve spot-lights, which comes
back to the problem of non-uniform illumination. However, I have come a
track system that has pendant lighting which is probably less
directional than spots:

http://www.e-lights.co.uk/track/html...linux/roba.htm

Has anyone reading this used this product and has any comments? Any
alternative ideas?

thanks in advance

Julian