Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Suggestions using Jatoba/Brazilian Cherry and planner

"Keith" wrote in message
I need some suggestions on how to keep Jatoba from slipping in my Dewalt
735 with new blades. I have set the cutter to remove only slight cut each
time but I still need to push it hard going into and pull the boards out.
The board is about 9" wide and 1" thick. It appears to be slipping on the
rollers more then slowing down on the cutter. Should I try snow chains on
the rollers or is there something I'm missing. The planner is around 6
months old. Thanks for the help

ps This is the first time I have gotten any Jatoba and didn't realize it
was hard as steel.

Clean the infeed and out feed rollers with an appropriate cleaner, acetone
usually works nicely, and put TopCote or wax on the table surface.