Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default FA: 1lb PLUS OF VARIOUS NEW TRANSISTORS SOME JANSO MANY:-)

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"John Popelish" wrote:

Yes. I'll do without before paying someone to cheat Ebay out of their
cut, and insult me with a ridiculous shipping charge. (I have seen a box
of stuff for sale for a $1, with $1999 shipping.)

Doing that cuts out all sorts of protections. Even insured, the Post Office
won't refund postage for lost items and eBay/PayPal don't insure S&H, only
the goods themselves.

And some idiots insist on you buying $1.30 insurance on a $1 item. That's
the dumbest bet on the planet.

Many also don't seem to realize that it is their stuff till it reaches
my hands. They demand insurance or deny any responsibility for it
getting to me. Like I am required to give them a positive comment
when it doesn't show up, unless I have asked them to insure the item.
The insurance protects them, more than me. Same with documented
delivery. If it doesn't get to me, I am going to get my money back
from the credit card company, regardless of how they whine about no
insurance.

I have spent thousands of dollars to buy from eBay and have gotten
only two negative comments. Both in retaliation after I gave a
negative for poor shipping. One was incensed that I gave him a
negative before asking him to replace material damaged because of
complete absence of packing. He had no concept of getting a
compliment for doing it right the first time, but thought it fair that
I give him as many attempts as it took to finally get a fragile item
to me in one piece, and then give him a positive comment.