Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default What is it? Set 134

R.H. and I (Mark Brader) write:

781. Coal shovel

Really! It doesn't look nearly strong enough to be used for that sort
of work. I'd expect those wiry bars to start bending apart the first
time it was thrust into a pile of coal.

I agree that it isn't strong enough to shovel coal into a fire, I was
thinking that it was for removing clinkers, retreiving hot coals to be
placed in a foot warmer, or whatever other reason they would have to move
hot coal.

That's still thrusting it into a pile of coal, though.

Since it was marked as being a coal shovel, I'm going to go with that for
now; I've looked but haven't been able to find one on the web like it.

Fair enough. It's not like I've ever actually dealt with a coal fire.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Truth speak from any chair."
-- Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum