Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Base for wood turning lathe

robgraham wrote:
I've recently obtained an ML7 in basic good condition but in need of
some TLC.

It is not mounted on a bench - can someone give some idea of the
dimensions of a suitable bench please. I've got a piece of old 11 X 3 "
pine I was thinking of using as the top - would that be suitable ?

Cheers
Rob

Thanks guys for your advice. It is as you point out an ML8 - that was
as slip of the keyboard unfortunately as I'm moving the metal working
ML7 at the same time as building up the ML8. I'm also trying to work
out the best space usage for them both.

It was all nice and straightforward until her-indoors got out and
bought herself a sports car - the insurance company require it to be
garaged hence everything having to be moved out and a 6 month project
to create new space for everything that took all but a just adequate
passageway down the centre of the garage.

Rob