Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Plumber's Crack

I thought all you plumbing experts out there might enjoy this item
from World Wide Words http://www.worldwidewords.org

************************************************** ********************************
PLUMBER'S CRACK Subscribers clearly have a low sense of humour, in
two senses, as my passing reference to this new entry in the Oxford
English Dictionary online generated more comment than anything else
last week. Other expressions for this artisanal anatomical feature
were "plumber's cleavage" (and "brickie's cleavage"), "refrigerator
repairman's bottom", and "electrician's butt". An Australian tells
me it's known there as the "coin slot", as with vending machines -
I wonder what you get if you try it? Another Australian knows it as
"builder's smile". Paul Warren, at the University of Hull, told me
of "backal cleavage", "backal" being an invented colloquial term,
the opposite of "frontal". Roxane van Beek explained that a Dutch
equivalent is "bouwvakkersdecolleté", which translates into English
as "builder's cleavage".

Aspasia