Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Silver Surfer Silver Surfer is offline

Default Garage door opener

Just trying to fix this board. If the door operator goes up and down by
depressing the switch I'll be happy. Don't care whether the remote works or
not.

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
. ..
John wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:28:12 -0400, "Silver Surfer"
wrote:

Need a schematic for the printed circuit board in my Craftsman garage
door opener. Did lots of Googling. Found nothing. Learned that The
Chamberlain Group makes the openers for Sears. Contacted them and asked
for a schematic. They said the board is proprietary, and they won't even
sell parts for it. Only complete boards for sale.

Can anybody out there point me toward a schematic?

Age and model number of the opener? Sears has sold a variety of them
over time...

I have employed a garage opener for a wireless
job as a 14 bit transmitter/receiver set.
I have used google to find docs and application
notes on the parr/serial/parr. chips on the boards.
Also a scope can tell you much about the operation
of the unit.
In the end I used a serial/parr. shift register
to decode the serial stream from the receiver.
As it received a total of 42 bits, I used a
comparator on about 15 of the steady state bits,
to test for integrity of the data. If you have a
pic of the transmitter unit,(post on a.b.s.electr,
or you might delouse my email adress,figures in
the first part,after @ no double letters)
I might see if I recognise it, it had a rather
stange shape.Also indicate what you want to do
to(with) it.