Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Competion themes

Bill you can also use the seasons and special holidays for themes, like
say fruit forms this time of year, hollow or just the forms or boxes,
also thank-givings time, platters and or plates, cups and saucers, or
goblets, long or short with or without rings, christmas time, ornaments
like angels or snowmen, trees or the balls with icicles, pierced or not
and also small bird houses or in the spring at easter time it's good
for eggs, hollow or colored or pierced, then there are the bowls or
hollow forms, mushrooms, toys like tops or whistles or paddle boats,
spoons spurtles dough rollers etc. etc etc.
A demonstration the month before to give everyone an idea of how or
what to do for the next month's challenge.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

BillR wrote:
Our woodturning club is putting together it's theme for each of next years
monthly competitions. We are having trouble thinking of new of new ideas.

Some of our past themes have been:
Babies rattle
Lace bobbin
Carved or decorated bowl