Posted to rec.woodworking
Tater Tater is offline

Default Saw Stop

O D wrote:
Can some of you people that work with this kind of tools for a living ,
please tell me the advantage of this saw stop saw for about $3,000.? I
Some people see all the sales brochures and say they want it, but you
never see the mfg tell you the cons. So What are the cons. I know the
answers are here, just have to find them. Thanks all.

(I have not read all of the thread)

I wonder how the force of the high speed spinning blade is disipated? I
am betting that you have to replace more than the blade and brake unit,
like say motor shaft, motor mounts, motor adjustment screws and
anything else the torque throws out of whack.