Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Saw Stop

B A R R Y writes:
On 29 Sep 2006 14:50:33 -0700, "tomwalz"
wrote:

The question is about how many people get hurt slowly sliding their
hands into a blade versus tripping or slipping and putting their hand
in very rapidly.

Have you ever ripped with a 3 or 5 HP cabinet saw and a real rip
blade? Your hand is typically moving rather quickly while performing
this operation.

And that's what push-sticks and feather boards are for.

FWIW, sans editorial comment, from this months Sawdust Shop newsletter:

Another SawStop Save

Table saw
accidents can happen at any time and to anybody. One of our customers
who purchased a SawStop table saw from us back in March recently made contact
with the spinning blade with his fingers. The SawStop braking system triggered,
stopped the blade, and he ended up with just a scratch.

This is our third customer save since we started selling the SawStop and we
are glad to hear that it prevented a potentially tragic accident.

We are proud to be a dealer for the innovative SawStop table saw.