Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default I love the way Home Depot sucks!

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:23:22 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

Okay, here's my story... I once waited in a long line at the bank drivethrough
to cash my paycheck on my lunch hour. After about 45 minutes, I made it to the
window and cashed my check. As I pulled away, I counted the money and realized I
had been given an extra $10. Well, I only had about 15 minutes before I was due
back at work, and it didn't look like I was gonna be eating lunch. I circled
around the building and got back at the end of that line. When I got to the
window, the clerk tried to refuse the $10. She said she gave me the correct
amount. I insisted on talking to her supervisor. I told the supervisor that I
had been given $10 too much and at first she didn't want to take it either. I
finally said, "Look, take the money, and when you close out the register, if you
come out $10 ahead, here's my name and address. I ended up not only missing
lunch, but lost a half hours pay by getting back to work late.

Now... Tell us your story again.

CWM

That reminds me of an episode of the TV series "Frasier" when Frasier's
dad, Martin Crane, gets $40 too much squirted out to him from a bank's
ATM and has one hell of a time trying to give it back to the bank. He
gets so frustrated at "the strong smell of stupid" surrounding the bank
personel that he loses his cool and ends up with a guard pointing a
pistol at him. The happy ending was the bank President voluntarily
handing him a check for $10,000 in return for his agreeing not to sue
them over what happened.

Jeff (Who for the first time, DIDN'T say "ATM machine".)

I just saw an episode of "Gomer Pyle" where he tries to return a baby
carriage, leading to the same sort of trouble.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
-- George Washington