Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default FA: 1lb PLUS OF VARIOUS NEW TRANSISTORS SOME JANSO MANY:-)

Jeff Volp wrote:
We ship a lot of stuff, and use PM flat-rate where appropriate. The $8.10
boxes can be a bargain for heavy items. To prevent damage in shipping, I
would use a 1096S box for something like this. Some people try to save
money and use flat-rate envelopes for things they were not designed for. It
usually works, but most experienced eBay sellers won't risk the negative
feedback when something arrives damaged.

Many people don't realize the extra costs involved in selling on eBay. You
might be surprised how many rolls of packing tape we go through. Bubble
wrap was $35 for the last roll. Packing peanuts are about $10 bucks a bag.
When not shipping PM, padded mailers are 35 cents, small boxes about 50
cents. Even the cost of printing labels and packing lists adds up. And if
we miss the pickup and have to make that run to the Post Office...

And wait until you see what happens when that jiffy pack envelope you sent
parcel post tracking (tracking is required by eBay/paypal) gets crushed down to
under 3/4 inch, and you find it returned to you for insufficient postage.

-Chuck