Posted to rec.woodworking
stanley_clifton stanley_clifton is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

Chris Dubea wrote:

My lovely grandmother sent me a nice check for my birthday that I want
to use to replace my elcheapo craftsman and black and decker electric
hand tools.

My list is as follows:

1) Bosch 1591 EVSK Barrel grip jigsaw. Probably not to much comment
about this one. I've used the 1590 before and it's one sweet piece of
kit. I want the barrel design as I hate handled jig saws.

2) Porter Cable 352VS belt sander. I'm currently up in the air over
this one. I like the robust construction of the tool, but it
certainly isn't on the top of anyone's list anymore.

3) Milwaukee 6391-21 7 1/4" left hand circular saw. I was leaning
toward the Porter Cable 424 MAG 7 1/4" left hand saw, but that quick
release blade do-hicky scares me. I would buy the old version in a
heartbeat if I could find one. The Milwaukee seems to be well
respected. I definitely want a left hand saw. I hate right hand saws
and want a left hand saw. The PC 345 saw boss is certainly of
interest as well. The loss of 5/8" of an inch of cutting depth
wouldn't bother me.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks in advance,

Cancel this list and buy a decent bandsaw instead - unless you already
have one.

Can't stand jigsaws - but I can cut faster and straighter with a panel
saw.