Posted to rec.woodworking
Ian or Karen Ian or Karen is offline

Default English Sycamore Experience

PS. I used a router, table mounted, plus a wood rat. It was fine.

No regrets.

"charlie b" wrote in message
Will be getting 200 bf of 4/4 S3S QS English Sycamore soon.
This is Acer Pseudoplatanus in the maple family and not
the American sycamore, which is apparently much less stabile.
English sycamore is the stuff often used for violin backs. It's
tangential expansion is 5/5% and radial value is 2.5% - pretty
stabile.

Anyone out there played with this stuff? if so any problems
and tips to solve them? I'm thinking of using it for kitchen
cabinets - raised panel doors - to be done on a router table.

charlie b