Posted to uk.d-i-y
badger.badger badger.badger is offline

Default Base for wood turning lathe

robgraham wrote:
I've recently obtained an ML7 in basic good condition but in need of
some TLC.

It is not mounted on a bench - can someone give some idea of the
dimensions of a suitable bench please. I've got a piece of old 11 X 3 "
pine I was thinking of using as the top - would that be suitable ?

Cheers
Rob

You need heavy with good spread for stability, mines on a 6 foot 10"x8"
H rsj, on 6" x 4" risers welded to 6" x 4" fore and aft spreading bases
with a further length of 6" x 4" welded between them, added to that is a
further frame of 1" box section to carry the shelf (work top) and the
upper back enclosure to keep the stuff stored below clean.