jim rozen

Default U-Haul Trailers and Ford Explorers Don't Mix

In article , Gary Coffman says...

This confused the Japanese when they first tried to enter our
market. They built "half ton" pickups for our market that could
really only carry half a ton, and the mini-pickup was born. They
lucked out, and that became a popular category, but it isn't at
all what we mean domestically when we refer to a half ton truck.

One story I recall is that the auto execs did not understand
about plywood. That is, they did not grasp the notion that
a US homeowner would want to go to a store, and purchase a
4 X 8 sheet of plywood, or sheet rock, and carry it home in
the truck.

So they actually purchased some plywood, and shipped it to
japan. And said "*this* is what has to fit inside the bed
of the truck."

JIm

please reply to: